The NYC Weardrobe Fashion Blogger Conference: photo news


Tavi Williams, Style Rookie, 13
the cover of the new POP magazine, under the editorial leadership of Dasha Zhukova
4 pages in the 2d edition of LOVE
a photo in style.com's  Front-Row Faces



In the middle The Glamourai, on the sides The Owls Are Not What They Seem

Fashion is Poison, The Fashion Void that is DC, Fashion Pirates, Style Rookie
"Abbey Road meets Mercer Street" blogger style

     A few months Jessica Schroeder from Weardrobe.com and I chatted over coffee about Jessica's dream to hold a blogger convention in New York before fashion week started.  It didn't come as a suprise to find that Jessica transformed this vision into reality by bringing to New York 21 bloggers from around the country within the short time span of just a couple of months of work. 

     All I can say is that it was an amazing experience meeting all these girls and I'm half envious of the good time they had: a hotel room overlooking Gramercy Park, free meals in Soho where the food was shaped like tiny sculptures, DIY projects, new shoes, new bags...yet another way for serious fashion bloggers to make their presence heard in the world. Glamour.com, Seventeen Magazine, and a few other notable news outlets were there to report on the event that left this group of 21 girls turning more than a few heads on the streets of New York.

33 comments :

Ofelia said...

I like the idea. And must be really cool to be there.
I love the photos.
Nice day!

Florenz said...

At this rate, Fashion Blogger is going to be a full time job for more and more people. haha Not such a bad thing.

C said...

haha tavi is the coolest person i'll ever get to see on blogs and truthfully has evolved in style-wise you totally deserve it tavi!!.some are just really lucky.

afef said...

cooll!!!!!great idea...bring me next time...love from italy!federica

Lana Hiroko said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy said...

I love seeing UK styles interpreted visually. Great creativity from Altimira. This is a classic enduring image

Antonio Barros said...

Cool pictures!!! They look so cute! :)

thesingular.blogspot.com

kelsea said...

they are SO SO SO lucky :'[
wish i could have been there

lovelylissy said...

TAVI :D

World Traveler said...

Great blog and the photos are very unique
http://pinacoladakisses.blogspot.com/

kayang said...

the last photo is great!

Stylerookie is so cute!

Brigadeiro said...

FABULOUS! What fun that must've been! :)
xx

The Photodiarist said...

That little Tavi is so damn stylish!

kasmslo said...

The absolute nerd in me can't help but think of Lucky Star (anime) when I saw that last picture.
Case in point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViEH57xQu1c

Spencer Tweedy said...

hahahahahahah Tavi

Angeles Almuna Design said...

I love all of these photos, but my favorite is the first one, cool idea!!!!

Elaine said...

That is awesome you were able to get pictures of the bloggers! I love the last one.
clothedmuch.blogspot.com

saray said...

wish i was one of those 21 lucky bloggers..

mom & son said...

how cool to have a bloggers conference!
you all look stylish in different ways!

oh, i love your blog and sense of style!

http://momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

Krystal said...

this is making me extra stoked for fashion week!! i hope to run into you!!

WJ said...

Gorgeous gorgeous photos, looks like everyone is having a ball!

Rebecca said...

The owls are rocking it- thanks for featuring them!

Eric.Granwehr said...

wait so if i wear a belt on my head, i'll be able to sit front row at fashion week?

Caprice said...

the photos are great !I admire them really!

Vanessa Jackman (Street+Style = StreetStyle) said...

LOVE these shots Craig esp the Abbey Road one! Brilliant!

a(muse)d by Fashion said...

Fabulous . . . I would love to be there with you ladies!

Lauragray said...

Very nice, i like your idea on that, your are so creative person. If you Interested with my fashion photography visit the auction website.

ryder said...

last shot is awesome

Dylana said...

Lovely shots!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Lucy in the Sky said...

I love Tavi's bow/belt!
As a hardcore Beatles fan...I fan that last shot very intriguing. :)

sarah said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Susan

http://carusbcharger.com

Anonymous said...

this is tragic

Megan the Plumber said...

Wow, amazing! I love NY

 

Instagram Updates

Meet The Author